|1||Otwock (NCBJ) / Online|
|2||Otwock (NCBJ) / Online|
|3||Otwock (NCBJ) / Online|
The conference will be hybrid: both online and on site.
- A link to the online conference will be provided.
- The on-site conference will be held in Otwock at NCBJ (click to see the Google map).
Premises of NOMATEN and National Centre of Nuclear Research (Otwock near Warsaw).
Transfer between hotels at Warsaw city centre and NCBJ - NOMATEN premises by bus will be ensured by the Organizer.
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) is the largest research Institute in Poland. We are also the only Polish research institution operating a nuclear reactor (the MARIA reactor). Currently we are hiring over 1100 employees. Our research staff includes about 70 Professors and holders of the Dr hab. post-doctoral degree, as well as over 200 PhDs.
MARIA is currently the sole research nuclear reactor operated in Poland. Its power amounts to 30 MW. The construction started in June 1970 in the then Institute of Nulcear Research in Świerk. MARIA went critical for the first time in December 1974.
Current main reactor applications:
- production of radioisotopes,
- testing of fuel and structural materials for nuclear power engineering,
- neutron transmutation doping of silicon,
- neutron modification of materials
- research in neutron and condensed matter physics
- neutron radiography,
- neutron activation analysis,
- neutron beams in medicine
- training in the field of reactor physics & technology.
More information: https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en