The conference dinner will take place on the 15th of September in Restauracja Stolica, Szeroki Dunaj Street 1/3 Stare Miasto (Old Town).
All sessions will take place in KIG building, Trębacka Street 4 in the Old Town. The place is located within walking distance from the Royal Castle, the Grand Theatre-National Opera, Presidential Palace and other monuments.
Arriving in Warsaw
- The main international airport is Chopin Airport (WAW), located about 8 kilometers south of the city center. It is connected by train line S2 running every 30 minutes, and reaches Warsaw Powiśle in about 30 minutes (3.40 PLN, 0.71 EUR). The venue is located at walking distance from Warsaw Powiśle (1.2 kilometer, about 15 minutes), but taking the bus is also an option (line 111, direction Esperanto, getting of at Plac Piłsudskiego, 7 minutes, 5 stops). It is also possible to take the bus directly from the airport: line 175, direction Plac Piłsudskiego, getting of at Plac Piłsudskiego, 40 minutes, 24 stops (3.40 PLN, 0.71 EUR). Map.
- The second airport is Modlin Airport (WMI), located about 40 kilometers from Warsaw. This airport is mainly used by low-cost airlines. The airport is connected to Warsaw by train line. The travel takes about 40 minutes. Map.
By train: the main train station is Warsaw Central, located in the city center. From there, the venue can be reached using bus line 175, direction Plac Piłsudskiego, getting of at Plac Piłsudskiego, 14 minutes, 7 stops (3.40 PLN, 0.71 EUR). The venue is also within walking distance (2.2 kilometer, about 30 minutes). Map.
Venue - Krajowa Izba Gospodarcza KIG
Street: Trębacka 4
The sessions will take place in conference rooms provided by KIG.
You can easily reach there by bus with a nearby bus station Plac Piłsudkiego 04.
Many restaurants are located around the venue. Here are a few suggestions:
- Restaurant in Kino (Krakowskie Przedmiescie 21/23, www.restauracjakultura.pl). Polish and European cuisines, open for lunch and dinner, vegetarian friendly.
- Bubbles (Plac Jozefa Pilsudskiego 9, www.bubbles.com.pl). Price range from 10 PLN (2.08 EUR) to 95 PLN (19.83 EUR), open for lunch and dinner, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free friendly.
- Opasly Tom (Wierzbowa 9, www.kregliccy.pl/opaslytom). Contemporary, Polish and European cuisines, open for lunch and dinner, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free friendly.
There are many great hotels around the KIG building. You can use this link to pick from the map.
Street: plac Zamkowy 4
Royal court location from 16th century
Street: Krakowskie Przedmieście 48/50
Constructed in 16th century, hosted the establishment of the first modern European Constitution in 1791, Presidential Palace since 1994
Copernicus Science Center
Street: Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 20
Contemporary and interactive museum of science
Warsaw Uprising Museum
Street: Grzybowska 79
Museum commemorating Polish battle for independence in 1944
Palace of Culture and Science
Street: plac Defilad 1
Monumental, post-soviet building, panoramic view over the city from the top.
Museum of the History of Polish Jews
Street: Mordechaja Anielewicza 6
Museum commemorating thousand years of the Jewish community in Poland.
(click the image for an interactive map)